Thursday, October 2, 2008
a week without HD
So, as most of you know, HD has been in Boise all week training for his new job. I guess I'm just a big baby but it's been kind of hard for me. Baylee's been missing him too. If I don't let her hear his voice on speaker when he calls, she'll grab the phone from me and try to figure out how to talk to him, and then when it doesn't work she'll get frusturated, throw the phone and cry, and then I have to call him back so she can "talk" to him. She's a smart little girl. Today she actually hit redial (I think by accident) after I talked to him and then she got to have a turn to say hi. She doesn't usually say anything she just smiles at the phone and holds it really close to her face. She's also been really clingy this week. Normally, she won't let me hold her for more than a few minutes and then she wants to run off and play but this week she hasn't been letting me put her down. Today was especially hard for her because she had a doctor's appointment and got 6 shots in her legs. She was pretty tough about it but I could tell that it was bothering her today. She falls asleep in my lap and gives me a lots of kisses (the really slobbery kind) which is cute but kinda sad at the same time. The most difficult thing for me has been just sleeping when HD's not here. Poor Baylee has been stuck sleeping with me all week because I just can't sleep by myself anymore. I think I'm going to have a hard time when he's gone for a month. Although, not having HD around has made me realize all the things I love about him being here. I don't want to go into it too much because I know it'll just be too cheesy and lovey for everyone but I definitly realize how much I love HD when he's not here. The carpet definitly gets vacuumed a lot more when he's home :) He has a bit of a fettish with that. I also even miss watching ESPN with him all the time, and how cute it is when he plays with Baylee. I don't know. I'm and emotional wreck though. On Sunday at church I ended up passing out right when the relief society president came over to see how I was doing. Luckliy she caught me, but it was pretty embarrassing sitting there in the hall on the floor in my dress with a bunch of people asking if I'm okay. But because of that the relief society president has been sending people in our ward to my house every day to check on me. I definitly don't mind the company and they always seem to bring fruits and veggies from their gardens. There are a lot of really sweet people in my ward. One of my neighbors who goes to the student ward has been SSSOOO much help to me this week. Her name is Mary. She has a daughter Emily who is about 6 months older than Baylee and they have been coming over to visit me every day this week too. We went to the library and got some kids books on wednesday and baylee's been having a lot of fun with those. She also made me dinner a couple of times, she goes walking with me in the mornings and she even watched Baylee for me a couple of times, once because she could tell how tired I was and insisted that I take a nap, and another time when I was having a bad pass-out morning. It's wonderful having such good friends around me. Even though HD leaving for a week isn't that big of a deal as I think it is, my ward and my friends have definilty made it easier on me. Anyways, that's just some stuff I've been thinking about this week, but now I am definitly tired so I'll go get Baylee and go to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Next time he leaves you can come stay with us for a few weeks. But I do have to tell you right off, we don't allow kids in our bed! LOL! So you and Baylee will be stuck with each other at night...again.
I'm glad there are people there that love you!! Makes me feel a whole lot better!
Mary is great, isn't she? I totally hate it when Carl's gone too. He left for Bolivia for two weeks last summer and I thought I was going to DIE... Husband's are meant to be home :) What's Harvey's new job--is he done with school now?
I am sorry you have been missing H. I hope everything turns around soons ;)
It is tough with out your spouse. I have alwasy gone to my moms when he goes away for a while for work. It stinks, but they have to go some times. I like you could never be a single parent. Ok I realy could, but would not want to be.
I TOTALLY know what you mean! No matter how much you down play it, it IS hard when your spouse leaves, especially for a week. It's even harder when you 'get' to play mom 24/7 without a person to help when you're burnt out. Tyler used to have to go out of town alot for work. I HATED it and told him there was no way I was going to do it forever. Since then he's had to work away less often, I'm thankful. Too bad you guys couldn't come with HD. You could've stayed with us and Baylee could played with Quincy!
Speaking of playing together, Tyler's going to IF/Rexburg in three weeks, unfortuantely we're (Q and I) are going to see my parents. SO I guess we'll miss you this time, next time around we hope to see you though.
Oh and how IS your pregnancy going? Do you pass out alot? I remember during my first trimester passing out, or nearly passing a handful of times. It's a scary feeling. MUCH LOVE TO YOU GUYS!
Hey I've done that fainting thing and it is sooooooo embarassing! Sorry your having a tough time and glad D-head will be home soon ;-P
OOPs I spelled embarrassing wrong how embarrassing!
Post a Comment