Thursday, July 3, 2008

So...

I'm sorry that we haven't been posting much this week. I took Baylee to the splash park again on Monday and now she has a bad sunburn. I feel so bad! I just haven't been able to get myself to take any pictures of her right now. I think HD probably took at least one without my knowledge but I just feel terrible. She's getting better now but she had blisters on both of her shoulders, one small one on her nose and one small one on her left ear. I am so bummed out! I shouldn't have stayed there so long. I guess I'm just not use to her skin type. I can be out all day and I'll burn a little but be fine. Poor little girl. I can tell you for sure that from now on she's not going ANYWHERE without spf 70 at least. Even when it's clowdy! I need to find a hat that she can't pull off too. She hates wearing them but until she gets some hair I think she's going to need to. Anyways, if anyone has any more sunburn advice (I've already had a ton but at this point I'm willing to try anything) just let me know. Thanks!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Spray bullfrog sunscreen. It is wonderful! No hassle just spray. The one with the baby on it got clogged.

Holly said...

Oh I am so sorry. Connor had that 2weeks ago! It hurts so bad... I just had him sit in an Aveeno bath which helped him a ton! :)

Mickie and Matt said...

Uh yeah ask my mom the same thing happened to Suzanne! Yes that bullfrog stuff is awesome it even smells like watermelon!

Will said...

At least you didn't have to bring her to the hospital. How's HD? Still celebrating . . . or bummed that the season is over?

Britany said...

I kind of feel like bret farve old and beat up. But it is always tempting to pull the pads out again. I need to just call it good though.

Chrissie said...

Bummer! How distressing for a mom. You probably got this already, but the best I know is Pure 100% Aloe Vera gel unless you can get your hands on prescription burn cream with silver nitrate in it. If you are into homeopathic, go with the melt under the tongue Cantharis from stores like Good Earth or Wild Oats. I liked them when my kids were young because they just eat it like candy and you can't overdose and no side effects. She'll get better soon!

Kelly Spence said...

I thought it was going to be bad when I saw her. Poor girl. No, no advice, sorry. Just Aloe I guess.

steve said...

I thought that i was going to see a picture like that commercial where the dog is trying to pull down her diapers. That kind of burn.