

So last night I was going though doing all my checks at about 11:00 at night. I went outside to walk around the facility doing stuff like checking all the locks, and seeing if all the cars had been locked up for the night. I was at the north side of the camp and had just finished checking all the cars when I heard a dog bark. I turned around to see a 90lb pitbull running at me from the main road growling. No joke the dog was huge! For a moment I thought that I should try and get in the gates some how so I ran over to the closest one. But then realized it would take to long to unlock the gate and get the gate shut. So I did the next thing that came to my mind and sprinted over to the nearest truck that was about 30 yards away as the dog was circling a school bus. I jumped into the truck bed head first (Chevy 2500 fire truck) right as the dog got a hold of my foot. Luckily we were both moving too fast for the dog to hold on. So the dog slammed into the truck bed letting my shoe go, and I was able to stand up and call it into the control center. The dog at that time sat there and growled at me for a bit until it finally took off. Control then called the local cops to take care of the dog. I guess the local cop knew who the owner of the dog was, and went over to their house. When he got there, he later reported to us that he was standing on the front steps of the owners house when the Pitbull attacked him. The officer was able to pull out his taser gun and hit the dog with a good shock before any serious damage was done. At that point the dog got away. But later that morning they found the dog I am thinking because I heard the gun shot. I guess from what I was told the dog was used as a bear hunting dog. It would attack the bear so the hunter could shoot it. I am a bit smaller than a bear. And I guess I have never been HUNTED before. So I guess that is a new one for me.
6 comments:
Oh man. I am glad that you got out of there safely. What a crazy dog.
Oh my. I HATE pit bulls. I do not see why people keep them. They can just snap at anytime. Glad you can run.
I am not a fan of pitbulls either. I am glad you are safe and thought quickly enough to get into the bed of a truck. ;)
Kinda interesting...I thought if you were to have troubles it would probably come from the inmates, not a dog from the neighborhood. Glad you jumped in a truck.
Cool story! Glad I wasn't there. You're faster than me.
let me tell you, I would much rather deal with a 90lb inmate that is mad at me than a dog.
Post a Comment