Saturday, November 14, 2009

just an update

Not much has been going on, but I haven't posted in a while so I thought it would be a good idea. I have FINALLY gotten control of the Baylee pooing all over her room situation by using duct tape. If I wrap it around her diaper until it overlaps she can't get it off. Such a relief! Now I just need to tackle potty-training but I'm not sure where to start with her. She wants to "go potty" on the toilet but she just pretends to go, "wipes," and then puts her diaper back on and goes potty in that. She has also occasionally gone in the bath tub when I wasn't looking. I've tried the candy thing but once I meniton candy to try to get her to go she just wants it, and won't concentrate on going potty anymore. I'm afraid to try just putting undearwear on her because she'll probably just poo in those, which would REALLY gross me out! I am not the biggest fan of poo and things of that nature.... so yeah I'm just a little nervous to go all out with the panties. A friend of mine just let her son run around naked for a couple of days so that he didn't have anything to go in, but I'm not sure if I could handle it if she decided to go on the carpet or something. Our carpet cleaner hasn't been working very well lately so I'm just not sure if I'm up for that either... I think I'm just going to have to suck it up and commit to something though if I want her to be potty trained any time soon.
Laycee is becoming a lot more mobile. I think that she is really motivated to walk because she wants to catch up to Baylee. She has been standing up on her own without falling over, and she has even taken a couple of steps, which I think is pretty good for an 8 month old. However, Baylee has been pushing her down occasionally, which is VERY frusturating because then Laycee cries, Baylee has to go in time out, etc. I think it's just an older sibling thing to pick on younger siblings, but it's driving me crazy. I feel like I spend most of my day saving Laycee from Baylee. But I have found that if I spend time playing with just Baylee every day she does it less, so it must be just a jealousy thing I guess.
Baylee has also been very into reading. She brings me her little pile of books like 10 times a day so that I'll sit down with her and read them. It's very cute. I don't always have the most time on my hands though, so I usually have to get all of my cleaning done when the girls are taking naps or after they go to bed.
I think Baylee is becoming afraid of the dark because she is constantly standing on toys or whatever she can find to turn her light back on after I put her to bed. She has also been climbing into the crib with Laycee trying to go to sleep in there. Poor little girl! It's so sad that she's so afraid. I did put a flashlight up on their curtain rod as kind of a makeshift night light, but it's not enough for Baylee. So usually I'll go into the girls room to check on them before I go to bed and the light will be on, and Baylee will either be in Laycee's crib, or asleep on her pile of books in her bed.
I have been working occasionally at Melaleuca lately, which is a wellness company. They produce products like vitamins, hair and skin stuff, natural makeup, non-caustic cleaning supplies, etc. It's actually pretty fun to get out of the house once in a while. It's only like 6 times a month so far. I go in for the last two and the first day of every month because that's their busiest time, and I also get called in to cover for people when they're sick or whatever. I basically just take orders from people calling in, answer product questions and things like that so it's really not a hard job by any means, but along with my paycheck I also get $80 a month to spend on products, which is really nice because I can just get all of my cleaning stuff for free now.
Anyways that's kind of my life as of now. I know it's really exciting :) There will probably be cooler things to post about once the holidays hit :)

6 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

Good luck with Baylee, sounds like she is turning into quite the handful. Sounds like you need to get a little stubborn and stick to your guns with her! That is exciting that you get to have free product from Melaluca, I have heard really good things about thier products.

Kay said...

Yay! An up-date!

Good luck on the Potty training, and duct tape was a smart idea.

And I'm glad you are enjoying Melaluca.

Kati Howard said...

Ah Brit, I feel your pain. We are currently in the process of "potty training" and it's going very, VERY slowly. Quincy has had success in actually using the potty, which was great, but he's no where near consistent in wanting to use it regularly. I think I'll have to buckle down and just enforce a regular routine of 'trying'. It would be even tougher to try handling that and a little baby. Which is kinda the reason we're trying to get Quincy going now before our next little guy gets here!


I have no words of advice or expertise, but I will say Press On Girl... Press on. :)

Holly said...

Smart idea with the duct tape. (I have to admit...I laughed a little.) Hope potty training goes well... ;)

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

The only thing I really learned about potty training is this- until THEY are ready- it isn't going to happen. After four kids- they each did their very own thing and nothing I did made any difference. My third decided that she was done with diapers the day we brought her baby sister home from the hospital. Easiest training I never had to do :)

Good Luck!

Trish Griffee said...

I let kk run around naked for a day and that took care of potty training. I'm thinking Baylee and Keija are of the same mind and she'll go ANyWHERE:)

GOod Luck