Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Birthday Date

Yesterday HD took me out on a date for my birthday! Well it was two days early but some friends of ours voulenteered to babysit for us yesterday because that's when they had some free time and so HD thought that it would be a good opportunity for a birthday date. It was really nice going out with just HD. We usually go on "dates" with the girls.
First we went to Bajio's and had some mexican food. We both got some tacos but when we went to pay, their system wasn't working for some reason so they guy said, "Well I'm not sure if we charged you for that or not, but don't worry about it." Well I checked our account this morning and they hadn't charged us. Well I guess it's pretty cool getting free food but I feel bad about it. I hope that guy didn't get in trouble or anything with his boss.
Oh, all yesterday my hip was just completely out! All I could do is was hobble around extremely slowly and painfully, so I'm pretty sure that for the entire date I looked like I was handicapped. Great timing huh? Nothing like being a gimp on my birthday date! Oh well :)
Next we went to see that Disney movie UP. It was pretty good. I'm not gonna lie though, I cried more than once on yet another Disney movie... oh well. Luckily I don't think HD noticed. It was a pretty creative movie and made me laugh a lot, but I think it might have been a little better to take kids to than for a date. Well I don't know. I liked it but I don't think HD did. He seemed kind of bored, almost grumpy, but I found out after the movie that some kid had thrown a straw at the back of HD's head so that explains that. After that we drove around a bit, but couldn't think of anything else to do because of my stinkin hip, so we went home and hung out with our friends for a while before they went home. HD was pretty darn tired so right after they left we went to bed. There you go.
Overall I was just happy to be able to go on a real date with HD so I didn't care what we did, I just wish that my hip didn't hurt so bad. Oh well! I called the doctor today and he's going to try to figure out what's going on with it next week. Hopefully this won't be a problem that I have for the rest of my life because I already feel like I'm 90 and that's a LONG time to feel that old!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Britany!

I sure hope that hte doc can fix you quick.

Kay said...

"I already feel like I'm 90 and that's a LONG time to feel that old! " That was kinda sad and funny all at the same time!

Kati Howard said...

Happy Birthday Brit! I know what you mean... since a car accident I had 4 years ago my body has never felt the same. I often feel like I'm 90... I think the good days far out weight the bad, at least for now. Glad you guys were able to get out for some alone time, everybody needs that!

Britany said...

first is britany, she aways cries and trys to hide it poorly. Second the straw was an accident but still getting flicked with a wet soda straw didnt make me happy. the rest of the night my neck was all sticky. And i thought the movie was a B+. not the best pixar ever. but over all it was nice to get out with my 90 year old wife.

Holly said...

It sounds like a great birthday night despite the hip troubles. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!